Everyone has moments in their business when they feel stuck. They just don’t have that umph anymore. How to get “unstuck” is the magic question. If we knew the answer, we wouldn’t be stuck in the first place now would we?
The first question to ask is “why” are we stuck? It could very well be that we are living an unbalanced life. The human psyche needs balance. Body, mind and spirit must be congruent in order to thrive.
Take a look at all three of these areas in your life.
Your Body is a miracle.
What is your body telling you? Are you giving it what it needs to function at peak performance? Eating the right food is not enough to keep us healthy in our heavily toxic environment. Full body cleansing helps the body flush harmful toxins from all the cells and organs, and helps the body work at optimum levels.
Water is the wellspring of life, and cannot be ignored. Water helps to flush those toxins out of the body that cleansing has released. Your body will thank you for it by providing more energy, releasing fat and giving your skin a more vibrant and youthful appearance.
Are you getting enough activity in your day or week to keep your bones and muscles in tip top shape? You don’t have to be a marathon runner, or even have a membership at a gym. Taking a walk everyday not only keeps you limber, but clears the mind and ignites new and amazing solutions to life’s most daunting problems. The endorphins that are produced are amazing that way.
And don’t forget your sleep. Contrary to what most believe, the body really does need 8 hours of restful sleep. If you’re getting short-changed by thinking, you’ll do fine with only 6, give it a try! Your days will be more productive and your body will regenerate as it was designed to do.
The mind – where creation takes place.
Your mind is the power center of your being. Someone once said, “what you think about, you bring about.” And I believe it to be completely true. Therefore, negativity begets negativity and if you are looking for positive change, you need to keep positive and productive thoughts in your mind.
A great way to do this is to spend at least 1 hour every day, reading books or listening to audio books and podcasts. Self-development, motivational, inspirational and training, will instill into your mind the track you want to run on. There are many inspirational leaders to choose from. I like to subscribe to a number of them on my iPhone so I can listen while doing other menial tasks. Feeding the mind accelerates the journey to success.
Your Spirit needs to be fed.
This is one area that many people overlook. Why? Because so many people think they can do it on their own. They may believe in God or a higher power, but seldom rely on their God for strength and guidance. Feeding your Spirit gives you meaning, hope and understanding. And it reassures that you don’t have to do this alone.
If you do not have a Corporate setting called church to fill your Spiritual needs, begin by reading. In addition to the Bible, you can find many good spiritual leaders to show you how to discover and experience God within you. He does work in miraculous ways if you are open.
On the topic of loneliness, many solo-business owners feel this way. They don’t have the daily connections with friends and co-workers. Attending Events gets them fired up and gives a sense of belonging, but during the time between events, they come tumbling down again. That’s a hard way to soar. Keep the relationships alive through phone, Skype, FaceTime and Google Hangouts.
To wrap up, I’ve included 14 ways to get unstuck in your business.
- Do a 9 day cleanse or a 30 day Rejuvity Challenge.
- Start over and Redo. In network marketing, approach this as if you are brand new and do what is needed to advance to the first PAID level.
- Write 10 Gratitudes everyday. Either first thing in the morning or right before you go to bed. What are you grateful for?
- Create a Progress or Production Log. Write down every name you talk to or every income producing activity you engage in every day.
- Focus on accomplishing a set number of specific income producing activities. That could mean connecting with 10 new people or nurturing friendships with 3 people or presenting your product/service to 2 people EVERY DAY on a CONSISTENT basis.
- Re-watch or re-read every training video or document that your company provides. Companies continually update their material and it is to your benefit to know what is new and how you can use it to grow your business.
- Start your day with 45 minutes of personal development. Include meditation, and reading or listening.
- Focused Strategy produces energy. Here is an affirmation that you can post by your computer or anywhere you spend most of your time. “I am easily attracting powerful, self-motivated, go-getters that are coachable and really want to build a business.”
- Ask yourself, “what excites me now?” Ask yourself this question every single day as what excites you now will change from day to day. Focus on short term goals that lead to long term goals.
- Take responsibility! You have the same company, and the same compensation plan as anyone else in your company. The variable here is YOU.
- Focus on getting your people paid. When they get paid, you get paid. Check your team progress daily to see who is close to advancement and ask them how you can help them achieve their goals.
- Register for your next company event. Attend an event every quarter to get reenergized. The emotional impact of an event lasts about 90 days. The event could be company related or industry related.
- Relaunch your life. List all the ways you could make positive changes that will not only help you physically, but also emotionally and financially.
- End the day with gratitude, affirmations and prayer with the intention to have a restful sleep and a productive tomorrow.
This list is a good start to get unstuck in your business, and I want to thank many of my mentors for sharing them with me. You may have other things that work for you and if so, please share. We can all help each other.