The Holiday Season is upon us, and this is the perfect time to build a strong team.
Ever wonder why some teams have synergy, where they work and build together, while other teams come and go and often fall apart?
If you take a look at some of the larger organizations, you will find that there is a “one for all and all for one attitude” and it starts at the top. When the leader treats fellow teammates as brothers and sisters, everyone steps up and into action to support the entire team.
The biggest reason teams stay together
The biggest reason is that they treat each other with respect and everyone feels like they are a part of a large family.
Recognition by peers is incredibly more valuable than any monetary gain. When connectedness and positive flow is in high gear, the money follows. Whoever said, “do what you love and the money will follow,” was absolutely correct.
But most people interpret this to mean if you like painting, paint and you will get rich, or if you love dogs, be a groomer or a veterinarian and you will have abundance beyond measure.
It just doesn’t happen that way. Careers where trading time for dollars is capped by the limitation of time, and have a difficult time expanding beyond 24 hours a day.
The magic is in building large organizations and that means taking your gift or passion to a higher level where the masses catch the vision. When this happens, there is synergy and momentum and then the money will follow.
How does the Holiday Season fit into this picture?
This is the perfect time to show your appreciation for your team or customers. Here is a short list of ideas to get you started on ways to show your gratitude and love for their support and dedication:
- Have a party! Keep is social (no business allowed).
- Gift baskets: a variety of delicious treats, plus one of your products that they may not already be using.
- Gift Certificates: To a favorite restaurant.
- Jewelry is always a delight for the girls.
- Plan a family day. If you live where it is warm, go to the beach. If you are in snow country, whip up some hot chocolate by the fireside after a day of snow skiing or sledding.
- Pot Luck dinners are an easy way to get everyone involved with good food, good friends, and good times.
- Send hand-written cards. Always appreciated.
- If you live long distance to your team, do a Google Hangout and have a toast to the Season and the coming New Year.
- Christmas caroling is a long lost tradition, and is sure to bring back good memories.
- Give a contribution to a favorite charity on behalf of your team. Send cards to everyone on the team, letting them know what you are doing, and some may want to contribute as well.
When everyone feels like they belong to a greater whole, everyone does their part to keep moving forward. Plus the strong friendships we create, are the best part of being on this journey called life.
What are some more ideas you have to cement your friendships and business relationships?
To your lasting happiness!